Wednesday 14 July 2010

Dr Martens Appreciation Society

As a girly girl who would much rather prance about in ballerina shoes than trudge in steel capped grunge stylee efforts, it took a while for my affection to grow for Dr Martens.

Ashamedly I left them to be adorned by the cool kids. Think Alexa Chung on the arm of Arctic Monkey looking effortlessly stylish at Glastonbury. She has got the art of wearing Dr Martens down to a fine tee.



Millions of girls who had shunned them thinking "I could never carry them off" looked again. Hang on, How about If I actually try them on! This moment of realisation hit me too and damn it. Why didn't I do it earlier?! They are the dark horses of the foot couture world! They look hot. I love wearing them, letting my inner rock chick inside be unleashed. They go with EVERYTHING. There is nothing they can't bring their own individual character to. No longer do I umm and ahhh about my shoe selection for today. When all else fails, cuts my feet to ribbons, gives me blisters, Dr Martens stands proud. Screams I am strong woman, hear me roar! They are so comfortable, durable and hip as hell.

And have you seen all the styles?! Seriously go look. Then look again. Then have a cup of tea and go look again. There is a virtual rainbow of stylish, cute, kitsch, downright classic boots waiting to be placed on your tootsies. I could easily go on a virtual shopping spree and have basket danced many a time on the Cloggs Website with an array of beauties. I am currently *hearting* the Pascal - Dark Brown, dribble at these...



















So readers, If you think you aren't a Dr Marten kinda girl why don't you give them a try? I KNOW you will be surprised. They are a staple wardrobe item. Your wardrobe needs them in its life. You too could be a supermodel like Agness Deyn (just get a nicer jumper eh)



Pssst - Dr Martens are available on the Cloggs website, you MUST check it out www.cloggs.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment