Wednesday 11 August 2010

Who knew, exercise works!

Today I did my fortnightly weigh in at Boots. I love the scales at Boots, the thrill of putting your hand over the screen so you don't see your weight (and neither do the nosey buggers stood waiting for the meds at the pharmacy) until it prints off and the consequential anguish or joy.

To my hormonal delight I discovered I had lost another pound, which means I am 3 pounds lighter than I was a month ago! Huzzahhhhhhhhh. I was so happy to be now only 0.1 over my BMI range that I bought a diet coke and looked for a flyte bar - but they didn't have one.

I still have quite a trek until I hit the body weight I want to be at, which isn't stupidly skinny or unrealistic but just right and still with a bit of chub for bloke to grab onto so I'm not getting too smug. BUT. I think there's been some kind of seismic change within. I'm no longer craving chocolate. I have an emergency bar of galaxy in the fridge which I'm saving for my next emotional crisis, which knowing me wont be long. I now eat fresh fruit and low fat yoghurt bars at work. I've also changed to fat free milk in my tea and coffee, but I have soya milk in my cereal due to the lactose connection to Crohn's. Also I have started loving the 0% fat new muller yoghurt's with a hint of chocolate in, spesh the black cherry one. They are a total bargain at 6 pots for 2 quid. Throw them together with some fresh fruit et voila - healthy ish kinda dessert/snack.

Tonight I also had another rugby sesh with the bloke spurred on by the fact that it may be paying off, but then I got all 'Monica' competitive when I couldn't catch the ball and it was like butter through my hot knife hands. I think the Weight Watchers group inside the community hall were privy to some bad language if they had their window open. I have a potty mouth that would shame John McEnroe at times. My mother in law would be shocked.

So exercise works apparently, throw into the mix stress at work and 0% fat yoghurt's and I might be onto a winning formula. Comfortable size 12, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. well done your doing well with your weight goal :)

    ReplyDelete