Wednesday 18 August 2010

Injured Cher seeks sympathy & cookies - Apply within

Is exercise evil? See below photo and consider. The background of the photo gives you a brief insight into my day's activities - diet coke, a good book and heat magazine.


Here is the result of my 'healthy' rugby sessions. If you look closely you may be able to see the swelling of my foot ~ near my toes. It seems I used one muscle too many that has previously remained dormant and sprained it. I am hobbling about like a 3 legged sheep (I imagine they hobble). I've tried applying a bag of frozen peas to the affected area, resting it, walking in my crocs, soaking it in hot water but yet the muscle of evilness won't subside in it's relentless aching and making me go 'oooof'. All whom suffer with feet before me, I feel your pain. It is SO frustrating. I have virtually done no exercise the past 4 days and I feel like a sloth on valium. I refuse to go see the GP about it because I'm sure I already appear to have munchausen's to him or the beginnings of an inappropriate GP obsession due to my habitual sickly spells and I don't want to fuel the fire anymore! I hope mother nature does her maternal stuff soon because I need to get my butt moving again and carry on my get fit mission.

In other news I am on day 3 of my chocolate ban. I can't say my incapacitation as a result of foot mong has helped matters yet I have stayed strong. Fresh fruit, yoghurt's and go ahead cereal bars have replaced my milky cocoa bean heroin and I intend to keep it that way. It's little things like sitting down with a cuppa in the afternoon, I always but always had a bar of chocolate or biscuit with it - not that I actually needed it nay wanted it, just it was a habit. A fat filled, teeth decaying one at that. I don't need chocolate to be happy! (Repeat x 100 in times of doubt).

Coming up soon
I will be doing a book review of a brilliant book I am almost at the end of that has sparked my reading mojo again! hurrah. Plus the lovely people at rubbersole.co.uk have sent me ~ or will have when they try to redeliver ~ a pair of Birkenstock Gizeh to review for my lovely followers. I have been drooling over these babies for a while now so can't wait to try them out and give you my brutally honest opinion. That's if my swollen feet fit in them!


No comments:

Post a Comment